Hours: Mon: 10:30am -9:00pm, Wed & Thur: 10:30am-9:00pm, Fri: 10:30am-8:00pm, Sat: 7:00am-7:00 pm
Hours: Tue & Wed: By appointment only, Thursday: 10:30am-7:00pm
Reflexology and other forms of alternative medicine utilize the stimulation of natural “pressure points” to affect various parts of the body positively with the ultimate goal of giving customers the relief they seek from a variety of ailments common or severe. Reflexology is one of the techniques conducted by the experts at Sean’s Massage Center.
Practitioners in this form say that every function in the body is “wired-up” primarily through the feet, along with specific points in the hands. Focus is laid on stimulating certain “nerve zones” (pressure points) to bring about the desired effect in a corresponding region or function in the body.
Reflexology has proven to be reliable in relieving discomfort caused by a variety of conditions:
- Neck-, head-, and back-aches: Many times, disturbances in these three areas are stress-related. Common aches in the neck, head, or back are among the more common ailments brought on by stress, and some of the easiest to remedy through reflexology. Nerve zones in the feet have been mapped out by many generations of reflexologists and show the specific points to remedy their emotional causes. However, sometimes physical conditions can be the root cause, so you should check with a physician to see if reflexology or some other form of alternative healing is a viable solution.
- Addictions: Reflexology is a proven technique in dealing with smoking, alcoholism and other forms of addiction. The root cause of most addictions is often on an emotional level. Reflexology restores a sense of balance by soothing your emotions and addressing the natural balance of the entire body. By stimulating the natural “nerve zones” used in reflexology, certain underlying tensions are eased, and it can help detoxify the body.
- Infertility: Reflexology techniques are not only effective in relieving emotional conditions but also physical problems. Infertility is a treatable condition for both men and women. This technique has been known to help clients who were having problems trying to start a family. A series of treatments can enhance male sperm count and motility as well as aiding a woman’s body during ovulation to improve chances for conception.
- Menstrual pains: (also called dysmenorrhea, or period pains) Menstrual cramps are caused when a woman’s uterus periodically contracts, cutting off the flow of blood in the tissue. When reflexology and other forms of alternative medical treatments area administered, they tends to relax the muscles in that region, thus allowing the blood to flow normally.
- Digestion: Ailments in the digestive tract might be brought on by constipation, Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and about 40 other conditions. Massaging the right location on your feet or hands can help relieve discomfort in your stomach, intestines, and other parts of your digestive system. Some require complex medical treatments, but many are easily treatable with reflexology therapy or another form of alternative healing.
- Peripheral Neuropathy: This condition is caused by damage to the nervous system. When neurons break down, signals sent to the brain are inhibited. Sean’s Massage Center offers alternative remedies for the effects of this condition. Symptoms can include numbness in feet or fingers. A variety of causes can bring on peripheral neuropathy, like diabetes or trauma.
- Autoimmune Disorder: Suffering with an autoimmune disorder like multiple sclerosis or arthritis carries with it bouts of physical and emotional distress, and depression. A common side effect of such conditions is pain in the joints or other areas of the body. In some cases, reflexology can strengthen the body’s immune system across many sessions.
Sean McGrath, LMT, NMT
Sean McGrath of Sean’s Massage Center received his Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) certification on January 16, 1998. After attending the Central Ohio School of Massage in Columbus, he then completed a 670-hour series of courses in anatomy, physiology, and hygiene, improving his skill-set to ensure a relaxing and therapeutic massage. Now, he is a proud member of The National Honor Society and The American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA).
He has completed more than 200 hours of training in Advanced Myofacial Therapy/ Deep Tissue/Trigger Point, Lastone Therapy and earned his certification as a Lastone Therapist. Sean has an impressive list of clientele. In addition to his years of hands-on professional experience, he has administered massages for members of the NBA Cleveland Cavaliers and Sports Medicine Grant & Orthopedic Associates.
Appointments and Memberships
Call our clinic at (614) 327-4338 to schedule an appointment, or go to the “Appointments” request page on our website. The details of your appointment will be confirmed by email. Sean’s Massage Center has two convenient locations to better serve his customers – Dublin and Pickerington.
Sean’s Massage Center offers a variety of membership plans. The individual membership costs $19 per month. The family plan is $19.99 per month. The business membership costs $99 per month, valid for up to 20 people.